Pressed for time to pull a delicious treat out of the proverbial hat? We have just the crowd pleaser for you. A scrumptious, super simple treat you can make without turning on the oven – perfect for relaxed summer days when appetites are perked by all that fun in the sun. You’ll want to leave a couple for the deserving mom! Bet you can’t eat just one.
Ingredients (serves 3 people)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (or whiskey, optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats + ¼ cup, as needed
- chocolate sprinkles, shredded coconut and/or cocoa powder (optional)
- In the food processor, add peanut butter, syrup or honey, cocoa powder, coffee, vanilla, oats, and blend until mixture comes together.
- If mixture is too sticky, add ¼ cup more oats and blend in with a few pulses. The consistency is right when dough can be easily formed into 2cm balls. It’s okay to add a little more oats if needed.
- Use a small cookie scoop or your hands to make the balls.
- Coat balls with sprinkles, shredded coconut or cocoa powder.
- Balls can be served at room temperature or slightly chilled.