A delicious South Indian Uttapam recipe made with paneer with carrot, cabbage, tomatoes and yoghurt, this easy recipe has the goodness of veggies. Try this light and healthy recipe which can be ideally had in breakfast and can be served as a quick meal. Savour the taste of Paneer Uttapam with sambhar or coconut chutney and enjoy its flavour to the fullest.
- 200 grams Cottage Cheese (Paneer), mashed
- 2 tablespoons Cabbage (Patta Gobhi), chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green Capsicum, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Red Capsicum, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Onion, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons Coriander Leaves (Dhaniya), chopped
- 1/2 cup Semolina (Sooji)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- Salt as per taste
- Olive oil for greasing/drizzling pan
1. Take a bowl, and add semolina and water to it. Mix it well and keep it aside to rest for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add cabbage, green capsicum, onions and red capsicum to it. Once these are cooked, add mashed paneer, salt and mix everything well.
3. Next up, add red chilli powder, coriander leaves and stir everything well. Put off the flame and let the vegetable cool down.
4. Subsequently, pour the semolina mixture along with lemon juice and baking soda in the pan. Mix everything well.
5. Heat a griddle/pan greased with oil. Pour about a spoonful of mixture onto the heated pan/griddle and gently spread it. Cook until both the side turns light golden brown in appearance.
6. Repeat the same for the whole mixture. Serve it hot.