Paneer Tikka Pizza is an Indian style pizza where the pizza base is topped with Paneer Tikka mixture, veggies and cheese and baked to golden crispy perfection.
Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) marinated in curd & spices and grilled. This way the soft and cheesy paneer cubes get imbibed with the delicious spicy flavors.
Paneer Tikka Pizza is a vegetarian delicacy and also serves as a good starter. This pizza variety is rich in flavour and if you love Indian food, you will in all probability like this Indian twist of the Pizza.
I have not posted the recipe to make the Pizza Crust here and will be posting that soon. Also I use a homemade Pizza Sauce for spreading on the Pizza base, but it is also readily available in stores.
Ingredients For Paneer Tikka Pizza Recipe
For the Paneer Tikka
- 1/2 Cup of thick Plain Curd / Yoghurt
- 150 gm Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese), cubed
- 1 Teaspoon Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi/Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chaat Masala
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
For assembling the Pizza
- 1 Medium Sized Pizza Crust
- 2 Tablespoon Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoon Pizza Sauce
- 1 Small Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Capsicum/Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels
- 1/2 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt/li>
- Chilli Flakes, Oregano & Italian Seasoning to taste
Step By Step Instructions
- To make the Paneer Tikka, take 1/2 cup of thick plain curd / yoghurt (preferably Hung Curd) in a bowl and whisk it till its smooth. Add Ginger-Garlic paste, Besan (Gram Flour), Lemon Juice and all the dry spice powders. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add around 150gm of Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) cubes. Fold the mixture well to coat all the paneer cubes with the paste. Set the mixture aside, and let the paneer cubes marinate for 30-45 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 230 Celsius. To assemble the Pizza, spread 2 tablespoons butter over the Pizza base. Then spread 2 tablespoons of Pizza Sauce. Pizza Sauce can be made at home, or can be purchased in any store.
- Spread the prepared Paneer Tikka marinade on the Pizza base. Then arrange thinly sliced onion, capsicum, and corn kernels on the pizza.
- Add a layer of grated Mozzarella Cheese. Sprinkle some Oregano, Chilli Flakes, Italian Seasonings, Pepper and Salt according to taste.
- Bake for 15 minutes till the cheese has melted and the pizza is cooked. Paneer Tikka Pizza is ready. Cut into slices and serve hot.