Rosehip oil is extracted from a specific variety of roses found in Chile, known as ‘Rosa Moschata’. Full of vitamins, antioxidants and essential fatty acids, rosehip seed oil is known to provide a multitude of benefits to both your skin and hair. It’s time to shine on, sister!
Even though the cost of rosehip oil may be a little on the steeper side, the amount of minerals and nutrients found in it, are unbelievable and totally worth it. We have listed a few benefits of rosehip oil, as well as ways to use it for gorgeous hair and skin.
10 Benefits Of Rosehip For Skin & Hair
1. Keeps You Younger:
- Using rosehip oil for skin works like magic and reverses all age spots and fine lines that have appeared on your face out of nowhere.
- To age like fine wine, all you need is a tbsp. of beeswax and a tbsp. of coconut oil melted together.
- Add to it 1 tbsp. of jojoba oil and 2 tsps. of rosehip oil. Using this concoction every night before bed will help keep your skin firm and fresh.
2. Reverses Sun Damage:
- High in vitamin A, using rosehip oil for face will help repair any damage the harsh sun might have caused your skin.
- This succulent oil not only reduces the activity of skin-damaging enzymes, it helps get rid of tanning and any pigmentation caused by the sun.
3. Rich Source of Anti-oxidants:
- Using rosehip oil in your daily skin care routine will change the way your skin feels.
- It is high in anti-oxidants, which keeps your skin feeling and look much fresher and clearer than it ever has.
- It also aids in keeping the skin firm, making you feel 18 again!
4. Anti- Scar/Stretch Marks:
- The vitamins and fatty acids present in rosehip oil helps keep the skin hydrated and acts as a catalyst for healing.
- The fatty acids present in the oil improve the elasticity of the skin, and the vitamin A helps in regenerating damaged skin, keeping inflammation away.
- Dab a few drops of the oil to your scars/ stretch marks every day and notice how they fade both in colour and texture.
5. Gives You a Natural Glow:
- For naturally glowing skin all you need is 2 tbsps. of yoghurt, a tbsp. of honey and 4 drops of rosehip oil.
- Mix all these ingredients together and apply twice a week to your face. As soon as it dries off, in about 15-20 minutes, wash your face with face wash and moisturize it with Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting Cream.
- This will make sure your skin doesn’t lose its essential nutrients and the goodness of the face pack is sealed in.
6. Goodbye Hair Fall:
The essential fatty acids found in rosehip oil for hair, helps keep them nourished and prevents further damage caused by the harsh weather and sun. It also helps regenerate thinning hair. Phew! That’s one less thing to worry and lose hair about.
7. A Natural Conditioner:
Because rosehip oil is made from the seeds and hips of a particular kind of rose, it is rich in vitamin C and is capable of producing an oil which penetrates deep into each strand.
Follow a deep rosehip oil massage by rinsing your hair with Pantene Pro-V Silky Smooth Care shampoo and conditioner, and make sure to lock all the nourishment of the oil in your hair.
No itchy scalp OR pesky dandruff anymore!
8. A Natural Moisturizer:
Do you have any idea how many chemicals and preservatives are present in your store-bought moisturizer? I guess not, otherwise you would have replaced it long ago with rosehip oil! It’s not too late, if you still want younger looking, flawless skin without dabbing it in chemicals.
9. No More Dark Circles:
Vitamin K or Potassium as we know it is a main component found in this lovely oil. This makes it an excellent dark circle lightening agent.
- All you need is 2 tsps. of shea butter, ½ tsp. of almond oil and ½ tsp. of rosehip oil.
- Mix and transfer the concoction into a clean container and massage your eyes with it, every day before dozing off.
10. For Exfoliation:
- Rosehip oil mixed with a couple of tbsps. of baking soda is a great exfoliator for dry skin.
- It removes a layer of dead and dry skin, to reveal a silky-smooth texture which will take some time to get used to!
I wonder how many other chemicals rosehip oil can replace in our daily skin care routine.